Uma Balasubramaniam book on The Maharaja Of Baroda Sayajirao Gaekwad III
Sayajirao Gaekwad III: The Maharaja of Baroda, New book by Uma Balasubramaniam published by Rupa Publications
About Uma Balasubramaniam:
- She is a history graduate from the faculty of arts of the M.S. University of Baroda.
- She began her career in 2002 as a freelance writer for publications like The Hindu, The Indian Express and the Deccan Chronicle
What is this book on?
- It is an epic biography titled Sayajirao Gaekwad III The Maharaja of Baroda
Elaboration of the book on?
- Uma Balasubramaniam gave brief on How a 13 year old Maratha farmers (Maharashtra) boy became the king of baroda
- Also gave on how the fate twists for the favourite son of the British empire gets himself to the brink of being deposed by the British
Focus of the book
- The book focuses on his ascendancy to the throne, his association with the British government in India, his administrations like schools for girls and training institutes for female teachers and reforms like abolishment of child marriage and reintroduction of widow remarriage
Reason behind publishing this book?
- This book written for the people to understand about one of India’s unsung heroes who worked to build a free and modern India.