Tony Lewis of ‘DLS method’
Tony Lewis cricket fame passed away at 78
On April 1, 2020
Who is Tony Lewis?
- Tony Lewis, one of the men behind the Duckworth- Lewis- Stern (DLS) method
He was born on February 25, 1942 in Bolton, Lancashire, UK (United Kingdom).
What is Duckworth-Lewis-Stern(DLS) method?
- It is the mathematical formula used in weather-affected limited-overs cricket matches
Who developed DLS method?
- Tony was a mathematician who, along with Frank Duckworth, developed the Duckworth- Lewis method in 1997 of resetting targets in the interrupted cricket matches.
- The DLS method was adopted officially by the ICC (International Cricket Council) in 1999.
- The method was renamed as Duckworth- Lewis- Stern (DLS) method in 2014, followed across the globe.