Thangjam Dhabali Singh conferred ‘Order of Rising Sun’ by Japan
Thangjam Dhabali Singh, Manipuri allopathic doctor On April 30, 2020 conferred with “Order of Rising Sun- Gold and Silver Rays” by the Japan government
About “Order of Rising Sun
- The ”Order of the Rising Sun” is conferred on persons with achievements in international relations, promotion of Japanese culture, environmental preservation, welfare or achievements in their fields.
- It was established in 1875 by Emperor Meiji and created on April 10, 1875, as the first national decoration of Japan.
- The Order of the Rising Sun is Japan’s highest award
Why Japan govt gave that highest honor?
- It is for his promotion of better understanding of Japan in India and deepening ties between the two nations
- The Japan Government conferred the decoration on Singh while announcing the names of the foreign recipients of the Spring Decoration 2020
About Thangjam Dhabali Singh
- He belongs to Manipur
- Thangjam Dhabali Singh is the founder and the former president of the Manipur Tourism Forum (MTF)
- He organised the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal of the Second World War
Japanese citizens, officials from the Embassy of Japan in India participated in the event
- The Imphal Peace Foundation launched with support from the Sasakawa Peace Foundation and the Nippon Foundation of Japan on June 22 last year
- Manipur Tourism Forum played an important role in giving shape to it during Dhabali Singh’s tenure as president of the forum.
- Capital– Tokyo.
- Currency– yen.
- Prime Minister (PM)– Shinzō Abe.