The Defence Research Development Organization has developed the SUMERU PACS, that helps to reduce sweating of Personal Protective Equipment wearers.
- The DRDO scientists found that the PPE wearers felt very uncomfortable after wearing them for more than 30 minutes.
- They start sweating and this worsens the situation.
- In order, to solve this problem, personal air circulation system was developed by DRDO.
- The system is to be used inside the PPE as a small backpack of 500 grams.
- This has been named SUMERU PACS. They keep the wearer away from sweats.
About the system
- The system draws outside air and the moist air goes out through a front face opening.
- This cools the neck and head area.
- The system is highly helpful for doctors and medical staffs who are forced to wear PPEs more than six hours in hospitals.