On May 28, 2020, the Madhya Pradesh Government launched Rojgar Setu Yojana to help migrant workers.
The scheme provides employment to the migrant workers.
Key Features of the Scheme
- The Rozgar Setu scheme will provide employment to migrant workers that have returned to their homes.
- The scheme is to conduct a complete survey on population of the state.
- Along with the scheme, the Madhya Pradesh State Government is planning to implement Svamitva Scheme.
- The Swamitva scheme was launched by PM Modi during Panchayati Raj Day in 2020.
- The Svamitva Scheme was launched to map rural lands that are inhabited.
- The mapping is to be done using drones. Svamitva is Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- The scheme will help to provide integrated validation solution.
- The scheme will also help in revenue collection in rural areas.
- The programme is currently being implemented in Karnataka, Haryana, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.