NTRO Report says Increase in Cyber Attacks due to work from home
- National Technical Research Organization on April 29, 2020 reported that the number of cyber attacks in the country increased due to the work from home
- According to the report, the critical sectors may fall prey to inimical forces to relax geofencing restrictions that are granted to employees.
What are the sectors under attack?
- Public enterprises
- Government undertakings
Reason for attack?
- Due to several companies relaxed their geofencing restrictions in order to allow their employees to work from home.
What is the issue?
Cyber criminals are impersonating officials from health organizations and other government enterprises, seek donations through malicious e-mail attachments.
What are the actions taken by the Govt?
- The Ministry of Home Affairs instructed the firms to track all CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) activities in their IdAM (Identity and Access Management)
- The ministry has asked the firms to stay resilient against ransomware attacks
National Technical Research Organization
- The NTRO set up in 2004
- It is a technical intelligence agency
- It cts under the National Security Advisor of India in the Prime Minister Office