Nana Nani Abhiyan Launched by NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog along with Primal Foundation on May 5, 2020 launched Surakshit Dada-Dadi and Nana-Nani Abhiyan
What is the focus of the scheme?
The scheme focuses to ensure the wellbeing of the senior citizens.
AIM of the Scheme?
It is to create awareness about several aspects of senior citizens including their lifestyle and health
Objective of the scheme?
It is to protect the senior citizens.
- The campaign targets to reach 2.9 million senior citizens that are spread in 25 Aspirational Districts
- The districts are spread in Jharkhand, Bihar, Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh.
What is Aspirational Districts?
- The Aspirational District Programme launched by PM Modi
- Aspirational Districts are those districts in the country that are affected by poor socio-economic factors
- Around 115 districts were identified from 28 states under the programme
- The main principles of the programme is convergence, collaboration and competition.
Aspirational Districts Programme focusing on?
The programme focuses on five main themes namely Education, Health and Nutrition, Financial Inclusion, Agriculture and Water Resources and Skill Development.
Why the campaign focus Senior Citizens of Aspirational Districts?
- India is among the leading economies in the world that is working hard to become a 5 trillion USD economy by 2024-25
- However, the quality life of its citizens is not consistent to its growth. According to United Nations Human Development Index, 2019, India ranks 129
- Therefore, it is essential to focus more on transformational programmes such as Aspirational District
- As the senior citizens are more vulnerable to COVID-19, they are being given special attention under the scheme