Jharkhand launches three schemes for rural job creation
Chief Minister of Jharkhand Hemant Soren launched three schemes, Veer Sahid Poto Ho Khel Vikas Scheme (VSPHKVS), Birsa Harit Gram Yojana(BHGY), Neelambar Pitambar JAL Sammridhi Yojana(NPJSY) and On 4th May 2020
Why such schemes Launched?
To prove wage employment for the workers in the rural area devised in convergence with the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme(MNREGA) in the presence of rural development minister AlamgirAlam, water resources minister MithileshThankur and other administrative officials
- Capital– Ranchi
- Official Bird– Asian Koel
- Official Animal– Indian Elephant
- In the data provided by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CIME) the unemployment rate of the state pegged at 47.1% which is double the national average. The three schemes are to provide employment for more than 6 lakh stranded migrant labourers returning to the state and revive the economy of the state.
- These schemes are made keeping the long term goals for sustainable development and creating new assets for the state.
- NeelambarPitambarJalSammridhiYojana(NPJSY) is aimed for the conservation of water, recharge of ground water, creation of agro-water storage units for saving rainwater and runaway ground water.
- BirsaHarit Gram Yojana(BHGY) is aimed to use the two lakh acres of government lands for afforestation by providing 100 fruit-bearing plants to more than 5 lakh families to initiate the plantation, maintenance, landwork and afforestation through MNREGA.
- VeerSahidPotoHoKhelVikas Scheme(VSPHKVS) is for linking sports with rural job schemes in order to provide boost to sports through the scheme around 5,000 sports grounds are planned to set up for one each in all 4300 panchayats.