Himachal Pradesh Government Launches “Nigah” Scheme
The Himachal Pradesh Government to launch a new programme called “Nigah”
AIM of NIGAH scheme?
The programme aims at educating family members that are coming from other parts of the country.
- The Nigah Programme is to deploy ASHA, anganwadi and health workers to create awareness about maintaining social distancing during home quarantine
- Under the programme the health workers will sensitize the members of the family that are arriving from other states.
Importance of the scheme
- The GoI had recently launched train and bus facilities for the migrants stranded in different states to reach their home town
- Disinfectants were sprayed on them during their stay in quarantine camps
- Also, strict social distancing was followed during their stay
- However, they were not tested for COVID-19 infections.
- Therefore, programme like Nigah will help to keep the family members of these migrated workers till they are tested for the infection
- Also, these measures will help save the family members from possible infections
Who is ASHA?
- ASHA is Accredited Social Health Activist. ASHA workers are trained female community health activist
- These women are selected from the community where they are to be employed
- The ASHA scheme is presently implemented in 33 states except Goa, Puducherry and Chandigarh
- ASHA workers are deployed in both rural and urban areas. The ASHA worker should have at least completed Class X.