Gujarat govt launched Umbare Aanganwadi to help children during lockdown
The Women and Child Development Ministry (WCD) of Gujarat state Government On Apr 27, 2020 launched an unique initiative called ‘Umbare Aanganwadi (doorstep Aanganwadi)
- Capital– Gandhinagar
- Chief minister– Vijay Rupani
- Governor– Acharya Devvrat
- State Flower– Marigold
- State Fruit– Mango
Is there any parent program for this?
- Yes, it works under ICDS (Integrated Child Development Services) programme
To reach out to children during the lockdown
- Under this initiative, the ICDS department of the state will mainly offers ready to eat nutritious food packets through AMUL
- It is to its beneficiaries including 14 lakh children between 3-6 years of age, pregnant and nursing women and adolescent girls through the network of around 53 thousand Aanganwadi
- In addition to this, ICDS Department initiated a TV programme called ‘Umbare Aanganwadi’which telecast every alternate day through Vande Gujarat channel as well as on Jio TV &You Tube
What do they show on TV’s?
- The regular theme based modules of Aanganwadi are being taught in an interactive the way.
What is Anganwadi?
- Anganwadi is a government-supported center at the village level to cater to the nutritional, health and education needs of young children.