Former Attorney General and Padma bhushan awardee Ashok Desai passed away at 77
- On 13th April 2020
Who is he?
- The former Attorney General and
- Senior Advocate practicing in the Supreme Court of India (SC)
Awards for Ashok Desai
- Padma Bhushan
- The Law Luminary Award in 2001 by the Government of India.
- Golden Anniversary Rotary Prize for University of London in 1956.
Books by Ashok Desai
- Supreme but not Infallible: Essays in honour of the Supreme Court of India
- Judicial Overreach: A critique in 2013.
Posts Held by Ashok Desai?
- Senior advocate in Bombay High Court
- Solicitor General of India
- Attorney General of India
Success of Ashok Desai?
- He was responsible for decriminalisation of homosexuality
- allegation of corruption against high-ranking public officials
- striking down the censorship laws in Maharashtra