Delhi Police Organized AYURAKSHA Programme
Why in News?
The All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) organized AYURAKSHA Programme under the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy).
Aim of AYURAKSHA Programme?
- The aim is to maintain the health of front-line workers of COVID-19
- It is a joint venture of AIIA and Delhi Police and was titled AYURAKSHA “Corona Se Jung-Delhi Police Ke Sang”
- The main objective of the programme is to fight against simple and time tested Ayurveda immunity boosting measures
What is the Plan?
- Under the programme the Delhi Police has come up with a proposal to maintain the health of the COVID-19 front line warriors
- This includes the police personnel as well. According to the plan, Ayurveda immunity measures are to be adopted
- The proposal is to be implemented in phased manner. In phase I, the quarantined officials are to be covered
- In Phase II, police officers in containment zones are to be covered
- In phase III, the officers in quarantine zones are to be covered. Finally in Phase IV, the police men working in front line of the COVID-19 combat are to be covered.
What are the Recommendations?
- The programme recommends Chyawanaprasha
- Chyawanprasha has Amla as main ingredient
- It also recommends other major formulations such as Sanshamani Vati and anu Taila
- These formulations use simple herbs and are time tested