List Of Topics
- 1 E-NAM completes four years of service
- 2 “Exit from Lock Down” report by CII
- 3 Financial assistance Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
- 4 Antiviral drug Remdesvir working against COVID-19
- 5 Asian Boxing Championships 2020 Hosted in India
- 6 Formula one great Sir Stirling Moss passed away at 90
- 7 Former Attorney General and Padma bhushan awardee Ashok Desai passed away at 77
- 8 Food Bank initiative by Manipur Government for Poor and Needy
- 9 Saptapadi 7 mantras to fight against COVID-19 Launched by Prime Minister
- 10 About to Pass Ordinance to allow states to increase work hours of Employees
- 11 Like this:
- On April 14, 2020
- Four years completed for Electronic-National Agricultural Market
- E-nam developed under “One Nation One Market”.
- It is managed by the Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC)
- It is a single point of service for all APMC (Agricultural Produce Marketing Committee) and its related activities.
- An online portal linked to the state mandis operates
- The states should provide software for these mandis free of cost.
What is the Working of E-NAM?
- A representative of the Government will be appointed for every mandi.
- His tenure is for one year and he is responsible for smooth and seamless operation of the portal.
Functions of E-NAM?
- E-NAM provides information and trading of commodities.
- It aggregates quantity of supplies traded.
- The platform provides cashless transactions.
- It offers access to soil testing and provides elementary amenities for sorting and packing to farmers.
What is this report about?
- The report suggests slow and staggered approach of reopening of industrial sectors
Who releases this report?
- The Confederation of Indian Industries
What is that report?
- Exit from Lock Down
What are the Key Highlights of the report?
- It suggests classification various classifications as red, amber and green.
- This should be done based on the incidence of COVID-19 cases.
The CII prioritises sectors for a restart based on four indicators as follows
- Essential goods and services and its related sectors
- Labour Intensive Sectors that supports livelihood and jobs
- Sectors supporting export market shares
- Sectors that will help manage imports at minimum level, mostly those of essential requirements.
What are the various Stages of Exit?
- The CII strategizes stage wise exit from Lock Down.
Stage I would include 100% operationalisation of manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, apparels, textiles, minerals, food processing and metals.
Stage II is opening of e-commerce, agri marketing operations, chemicals and automobiles after a gap of one or two weeks of stage I.
Stage III is opening of remaining sectors.
Important Highlights of this benefit
The scheme has benefited the public in the following ways
- 29 Cores of beneficiaries have been distributed free food grains.
- 8 lakhs have received free cylinders under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- Rs 7.47 crore transferred under Pradhan Mantri KISAN Samman Nidhi.
- Rs 9930 disbursed to women account holders of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- The workers in construction sector have received financial assistance of Rs 3,071 crores.
- This has been provided from Building and Construction Workers Fund. The fund is managed by the State Governments.
- The National Social Assistance Programme has so far disbursed Rs 1,400 crores to old age people, disabled and widows. The next installment of Rs 500 each is to be paid by next month.
- The package also includes financial assistance to MNREGA workers.
- It also covers health insurance to health workers.
- On April 13, 2020
- The drug was used against Ebola virus.
- The drug has been found to hinder the reproduction activity of the COVID-19. T
- The study recently published by the New England Journal of Medicine also says that 2 out of every 3 patients showed signs of improvement on using the Remdesvir drug.
Who announced it?
- The Indian Council of Medical Research
What did they announce?
- The antiviral drug Remdesvir is highly effective in stopping the replication of COVID-19.
- The research on the efficacy of Remdesvir is a part of WHO’s “Solidarity Trial”.
- The efficacy of Remdesvir is not based on clinical trials.
- According to studies, 68% of patients that were under the treatment of Remdesvir did not require ventilator or oxygen support after taking the drug.
- On April 13, 2020
Who announced it?
- Executive Director for Boxing Federation of India’s (BFI), R K Sacheti
Boxing Federation of India’s (BFI)
Headquarters– New Delhi
- India last hosted the Men’s Asian Championship in Mumbai,Maharashtra in the year 1980,
- The Women’s Championship was hosted in 2003 in Hisar, Haryana.
Frequency of the event?
- Once in two years but in the past it has also been held in consecutive years.
- On 12th April 2020
What is in news?
- The legend of motor sport Sir Stirling Craufurd Moss passed away at 90
He belongs to?
- How to watch motor racing in 1975
- Racing and all that in 1980
- Stirling Moss: Great British Drives, the Lakes and Dales
- On 13th April 2020
Who is he?
- The former Attorney General and
- Senior Advocate practicing in the Supreme Court of India (SC)
Awards for Ashok Desai
- Padma Bhushan
- The Law Luminary Award in 2001 by the Government of India.
- Golden Anniversary Rotary Prize for University of London in 1956.
Books by Ashok Desai
- Supreme but not Infallible: Essays in honour of the Supreme Court of India
- Judicial Overreach: A critique in 2013.
Posts Held by Ashok Desai?
- Senior advocate in Bombay High Court
- Solicitor General of India
- Attorney General of India
Success of Ashok Desai?
- He was responsible for decriminalisation of homosexuality
- allegation of corruption against high-ranking public officials
- striking down the censorship laws in Maharashtra
- On April 12, 2020
- The Imphal East District Administration of Manipur state Government
- Capital– Imphal
- Governor– Najma Heptulla
- Chief Minister– N. Biren Singh
- National Parks– Keibul Lamjao National Park
What is that?
- Food Bank
What is the theme?
- The theme ‘Help End Hunger Today’
Aim of the initiative?
- To provide free food to the poor people who are severely affected in getting essential commodities due to Lockdown
What are the Key Points?
- The food bank will provide food items (such as rice, aata, maida, daal, edible oil, salt, potato, onions , milk, biscuits, packaged drinking water), hand sanitisers and face masks to drug rehabilitation centres and people living in Imphal East District affected by HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
- On April 14, 2020
Who Launched it?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- To fight against COVID-19.
What is Saptapadi?
- It is seven mantras to fight against the virus.
What are those Seven Mantras?
- The senior citizens and elderly have to be looked after with special care
- Social distancing and lock down rules have to be followed strictly
- The citizens should boost their immunity based on the guidelines issued by the Ministry of AYUSH.
- He has suggested to download “Arogya Sethu” mobile application.
- Provide shelter and food to the needy and the poor
- Compassion towards colleagues and avoid payment cuts and job cuts
- Showing respect to health professionals such as doctors, nurses and sanitation wokers.
What are the Highlights?
- Prime Minster of India extended the lock down till May 3, 2020.
- Earlier country boardered with red, orange and green zones based on the spread of the virus.
What is this ordinance?
- The Central Government is to pass an ordinance that will allow state governments to increase the flexibility of work hours of employees.
Why the ordinance?
- The State Governments cannot amend laws that are under centres’s list.
- It shall only work on state and concurrent list.
- The ordinance is being passed to help state governments set flexible work hours with a prescribed ceiling.
- The ordinance will address the issue of shortage of labours.
- It will facilitate the companies to maintain social distancing.
- It will enforce code on Occupational Safety, Working Conditions and Health.
- The code empowers states to notify work hours.
- The workers under the ordinance will work on extended shifts.
- Currently, the prescribed working hours of labours according to the act is 8 hours a day.
What is the Difference between Centre and State Lock Down?
- The States such as Punjab, Telangana, Odisha, West Bengal and Karnataka extended their lock down to April 30,2020.
- On the other hand, the centre has extended the lock down till May 3, 2020.
- The law and order of the public is a state subject and lies with the State Government.
- The centre has ordered lock down under Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- In order to do so, the centre declared COVID-19 as “notified disaster”.
- Disasters and the acts of disasters are centre subject and hence the lock down comes under centre subject