List Of Topics
- 1 Ministry of HRD launched YUKTI Portal
- 2 First Station of IR to Install Sanitizing Tunnel that is Ahmedabad Railway Station
- 3 DigiGen, a digital Banking Platform Launched by Jana Small Finance Bank
- 4 Digital Stethoscope Developed by IIT Bombay Researchers
- 5 Helicopter Money Suggested by Telangana Chief Minister KCR
- 6 CollabCAD launched in Atal Tinkering Labs
- 7 Like this:
Ministry of HRD launched YUKTI Portal
What is YUKTI portal?
- It is to Monitor initiatives of Young India Combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation.
- The Ministry of Human Resource and Development
What is the aim of this portal?
- To act as a two-way communication between the institutions and the ministry.
- It will also provide information for the ministry to monitor activities in the coming six months.
- Also, the platform will help in taking research updates to the citizens in the country.
What this portal does?
- This portal will record, cover and monitor initiatives of Ministry of HRD and other educational institutes in the country.
What are the important Highlights?
- The main It will act as a platform for the institutions to share their knowledge about challenges faced in encountering COVID-19.
What does this portal cover?
- It will cover several initiatives of research and academics.
- It will also include social initiatives taken for the betterment of students.
First Station of IR to Install Sanitizing Tunnel that is Ahmedabad Railway Station
- Ahmedabad railway station
- On April 9, 2020
About Indian Railways:
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- Minister of Railway– Piyush Goyal
- Chairman of Railway Board– Vinod Kumar Yadav
Where it is located?
- Kalupur, Gujarat of Western Railway
Why to Install Sanitizing Tunnel?
- To ensure the safety of staff and passengers in the view of the COVID-19.
Tunnel Inaugurated by whom?
- Inaugurated by Ahmedabad DRM (Divisional Railway Manager) Deepak Jha.
What are the important points About Sanitizing tunnel?
- When a passenger approaches the tunnel entrance it starts fogging automatically.
- He tunnel uses WHO (World Health Organization) approved sanitizer and fitted with a sensor
- The sanitization system runs on the principle of Vaporization process which converts the sanitizer mixture into vapour which forms a uniform layer over the surface & dries up quickly.
- On April 7, 2020
What is the news?
- The Jana Small Finance Bank
- a scheduled commercial bank
About Jana Small Finance Bank:
- Headquarters– Bengaluru, India
- Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Ajay Kanwal
What it does?
- It has launched DigiGen
What it does?
- It enables the customers to open digitally a savings account & fixed deposit instantly anytime & anywhere
What are the important points?
- It is a 3 step process to open an account, where the customers are eligible for 4.5% interest rates on savings accounts with no minimum balance and up to 7.5% interest on fixed deposits.
- The new digital solution offers many features including online bill payment, instant cash transfer and airport lounge access on a debit card.
What is Digital Stethoscope?
- It can hear heartbeat from a distance
- On April 11, 2020
Who developed this?
- A team from Biomedical Engineering & Technology incubation Centre (BETiC) at the Indian Institute of Technology of Bombay (IIT-B)
What it does?
- Thus the smart stethoscope minimises the risk to doctors and health care professionals who are handling COVID- 19 (Coronavirus) patients.
- What are the important points?The data or the auscultated sound from a patient’s chest is wirelessly sent to the doctor using Bluetooth.
- The product has been developed with clinical inputs from doctors at Reliance Hospital and PD Hinduja Hospital.
- The team in collaboration with “AyuDevice”, a startup company in IIT-B campus, has sent 1,000 digital stethoscopes to different hospitals and healthcare centers across the country.
What is Helicopter Money?
- It is the monetary policy tool used for Quantitative Easing
Who termed this?
- It is the term framed by an American Economist Milton Friedman
What is the aim?
- To dump money into a struggling economy.
Who suggests this?
- It is suggested by World Experts
Why this has suggested?
- With the increasing economic crisis, Helicopter Money is a solution being suggested by economic specialists all over the world.
- It is in simple terms it is an extension of non-repayable money towards state and central governments from central bank.
- The policy intends to make more money available for the people to nudge them to spend more.
Why Helicopter Money in News?
- In India, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has suggested the concept
- For the state governments to revive economic growth.
- He asked the RBI to release 5% of GDP as Helicopter money.
Is there any others who suggested this?
- CII has also recommended similar arrangement
- CII has also recommended direct cash transfer of Rs 5000 to all the account holders whose annual income is below Rs 5 lakh.
- The Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) has recommended money transfer as one time action.
What is CollabCAD?
- The CollabCAD is a software that is highly relevant to school students. It helps to materialize their creativity and ideas.
- On April 13, 2020
Who Launched it?
- The NITI Aayog
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
- National Informatics Centre
Aim of this initiative?
- To provide a platform to find solutions in terms of 2D drafting and 3D product design.
For whom they launched it?
- For the students of Atal Tinkering Labs
- To create and modify 3D designs
What it does?
- This will enable creativity and imaginations.
What are the Other initiatives?
- A game development module was also launched by AIM in partnership with DELL Technologies.