What are corona bonds?
- Italian Prime Minister proposed Corona bonds
- Corona bonds are joint debt issued to European Union member countries
- It is a mutualised debt, taken collectively by all EU member states
Why Corona bonds introduced?
- To deal with Covid-19.
- To meet with extraordinary situations
Who Issues Corona Bonds?
- European Union (EU)
Who funds Corona bonds?
- The Corona bonds funded by European Investment Bank.
Who Demanded this initiative?
- The countries who suffered huge deaths such as Italy, Spain
Which countries opposed this move?
- Frugal Four countries