Arogya Sanjeevani policy a standard health insurance product by IRDAI
- To reduce the burden of COVID-19 affected patients out of pocket expenditure
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
- Establishment– 1999 (autonomous body), 2000 (statutory body)
- Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana
- Chairman– Subhash C. Khuntia
What Arogya Sanjeevani policy says?
- Coverage of hospitalization treatment costs of COVID-19 mandatory under Arogya Sanjeevani
- Gave clearance to 29 general and health Insurance companies under Arogya Sanjeevani.
- Along with this, Indemnity based health insurance products also covered
- This policy offers coverage of between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 5 lakh for a period of one year. It will be available in multiples of Rs 50,000
- Eligible minimum age 18 years and maximum Eligible age is 65 years