A book on Sivaji “Shivaji in South Block: The Unwritten History of a Proud People” authored by Girish Kuber
A New book ” Shivaji in South Block: The Unwritten History of a Proud People” on 1st May 2020 written by journalist Girish Kuber released
What is this book about?
- This book talks about the Maharashtra’s evolution from the past to the modern times and its contribution to the tapestry of the country’s culture, politics, history and society
- The book is scheduled to be published in October by HarperCollins Publisher India.A new book Shivaji in South Block
- HarperCollins Publishers is the second largest consumer book publisher in the world operating in 17 countries.
- Established in India– 1992
- CEO– Ananth Padmanabhan
- CFO & COO– Amit Abrol
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- The announcement of the book is made on the 60th Maharashtra Day – May 1,2020.
- The book speaks about many lesser known tales of the time of the Satavahanas to the present day, the empire that brought the Mughals to their knees due to a complaint of a woman to the Queen Victoria about the issue of consent in the marital sex.
- The evolution movements of the right and left, the Dalit pride, the leader who mentored Gandhi and the man who killed him, the prime minister we never had and the uncertain tryst of Shivaji’s metaphorical descendants with national power are some of the discussed matters of the book.
- The book searches deeply into where the Marathi Manoos stand today and why and where he is.
- Girish Kuber graduated from IIM Bangalore, worked in the corporate more than 25years.
- He is the editor of Loksatta and a regular columnist in the Indian Express residing in Mumbai.
- He wrote six books in Marathi including The Tatas: How a Family Built a Business and a Nation.
- He had translated many books from Marathi to English like, Raja Ravi Varma and Shivaji: The Great Maratha by Ranjit Desai, Shahenshah: The Life of Aurangzeb by N.S. Inamdar